Smart Decisions Start with Intelligent Dialogue
Modernize Your Business with PeopleSoft
and Oracle Cloud Applications
Assessing Your ERP Options
Many organizations are looking to modernize their business with the hopes of increased IT agility, ease of use for the end user, and the ability to make quick, informed decisions. With this need, customers are faced with several options – move to a cloud ERP, continue to invest in innovative on-premise ERP or utilize a hybrid model to gain benefits of each.
Is the Cloud right for me?
There are generally two types of Cloud ERP customers: First-Time ERP Buyers and ERP Replacement Buyers, each typically with differing top criteria in selecting an ERP. If you’re a first time ERP buyer, chances are your organization is looking for speed, agility and scalability. However, if you are a PeopleSoft customer who is considering upgrading to 9.2 or moving to the cloud, functionality and stability are likely the most important features for your organization. Luckily, Oracle Cloud offers the agility to meet changing needs along with the stability of an organization like Oracle.
Should I upgrade to PeopleSoft 9.2?
Oracle’s commitment to PeopleSoft continues. Building from a proven 25-year history of best-in-class solutions, PeopleSoft includes more than 1,000 new features, functions, and enhancements. Delivering revolutionary innovation, PeopleSoft 9.2 provides solutions that are simpler and more intuitive to use, functionally complete, and lower the total cost of ownership.
Is a hybrid model the best choice?
The hybrid model describes an environment where one or more clouds are connected to or combined with on-premise systems. A hybrid solution provides the infrastructure benefits of the cloud without sacrificing existing investments in on-premise applications. Some organizations choose to keep ‘mission critical’ environments on-premise, while utilizing cloud-based offerings for systems that can benefit from mobility and that require flexibility.
Sorting Out Your Options
1: Assess Your Organizations’ PeopleSoft Commitment
How does your organization utilize and leverage your PeopleSoft investment?
2: Assess Your PeopleSoft Infrastructure
Most compelling cloud message is – no hardware, no system admin, no DBA, no developers…less cost.
- Is there a looming infrastructure investment (new hardware)?
- Is data storage growing at a costly rate (ex. 30% year)
- Is there a large internal PeopleSoft support organization ( > 8 people + consultants)
3: Compare Functionality
- Depends on how much functionality you use, not what you bought.
- Does the new functionality require new technology skills to deploy?
- Will new functionality require new hardware?
- Are there dependencies?
4: Prove the ROI
PeopleSoft Commitment High, But Not on v9.2
BTRG recommends upgrading to PeopleSoft 9.2
- Take advantage of all the new features and functionality in PeopleSoft 9.2
- Reduce Upgrades with the PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM)
- Take the Opportunity to add additional modules if needed
Commitment to PeopleSoft is Low Across the Organization
- Investigate a move to the cloud
- Build a Case for Return on Investment (ROI)
- Consider a Co-Existence or Hybrid Model
No Existing PeopleSoft Investment
Its Time to Explore Moving to Oracle Cloud Applications
On PeopleSoft, But Pressured to Save TOC with Cloud Deployment
BTRG’s PeopleSoft-as-a-Service offering could be the best approach for your organization