Berkadia Upgrades to PeopleSoft 9.2 FinancialsReduces Customizations by 74%
BTRG’s work with Berkadia began with an upgrade assessment to validate their current installation, finalize a level-of-effort for the upgrade, and confirm resources required for a joint team. Berkadia’s management team effectively debated whether to move to v9.1 or v9.2 since v9.2 was just released by Oracle a month prior to the project. Realizing the advantages of going to v9.2, Berkadia engaged BTRG to move forward with the project. Berkadia was impressed by BTRG’s pre-release testing experience with v9.2, our knowledge of the latest functionality, and our ability to get v9.2 running quickly.
Berkadia engaged BTRG in April 2013 to upgrade their PeopleSoft Financials modules (Asset Management, Accounts Payable, Expenses, General Ledger, and Purchasing) from v8.9 to v9.2.
Berkadia’s upgrade went live in October 2013. It was one of the first go-lives of PeopleSoft 9.2 since its release in March 2013. BTRG’s core team of three PeopleSoft experts completed the project in six months, yielding benefits that include a 74% reduction in customizations.
Berkadia’s Project Goals
Re-patronize PeopleSoft from an outsourced provider
Re-platform to technology supported by their in-house team
BTRG played a key role in helping us achieve our financial system upgrade in an efficient and cost effective manner. Their lead consultants demonstrated technical and functional knowledge on v9.2 and developed effective relationships with our finance team that earned their trust. BTRG is now a strategic partner with Berkadia for support and development of future system enhancements.Matt Pirolli, Director of Business Technology, Information Technology, Berkadia
- 74 % Reduction in Customizations 74%
- Elimination of 90% of matching issues by using delivered configuration 90%
Berkadia 9.2 Upgrade – Benefits
- Lowered the total cost of ownership by eliminating approximately 74% of existing customizations
- Increased efficiency of expense report entry with more user friendly 9.2 interface
- Increased efficiency of maintaining supporting documents by utilizing file attachments for Expenses
- Eliminated manual process requiring users to tape receipts to header page, scan to pdf, and email file
- Ability to eliminate 3rd party AP workflow system with delivered workflow; project to begin in Q1 2014
- More efficient means of configuring and troubleshooting workflow
- Elimination of 90% of matching issues by using delivered configuration
- Matching tolerance – 10.00 unit price
- Improved audit controls by using Financial Audit Framework for key transactions
- Ability to increase user productivity through use of General Ledger WorkCenter
- Anticipated improved Performance for key AM processes including depreciation calculation and the reporting load process
- Ability to provide more mobile functionality as related to Expense Reporting; project to begin in Q1 2014