Tip for the Week: “Revisit the Long-Forgotten“
Pilot demonstrations continued this week for 2 “long-forgotten” modules within PeopleSoft HCM 9.1– Succession Planning and Career Planning. Like many before them, our client chose not to utilize the functionality delivered in previous versions for Succession and Career Planning due to the fact that there was no self service and it only provided a method to manually enter and track the information only while using Position Management. The improvements made to Succession and Career Planning are numerous in PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 and are well worth another, more recent, look. Don’t place limits on analyzing ALL new functionality in the version you are upgrading to. Remember to “revisit the long-forgotten” modules.
Our demonstration of PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 Succession Planning module consisted of the following details:
1) What is Succession Planning?
2) What are the new features in PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 for Succession Planning?
3) Demonstration of:
a) Maintaining a Succession Plan example (by person)
b) Creating a Talent Pool example
c) Succession 360° example
Our demonstration of PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 Career Planning module consisted of the following details:
1) What is Career Planning?
2) What are the new features in HCM 9.1 for Career Planning?
3) Demonstration of:
a) Employee Self Service– My Profile, Career Path and Career Development Plan
b) Creating an Internal Resume example
c) Viewing a Career Progression Chart example
d) Manager Self Service– Manage Career Plans example for direct reports
e) Manager Self Service– Search for Learning and Request Training for direct reports
PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 Career Planning has been enhanced to provide many additional benefits. These include:
- Manager and employee self-service access to career planning
- Ability to review career paths through a graphical user interface
- Ability to generate customized or personalized resumes
- Integration with ELM, Recruiting, Profile Manager and ePerformance
PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 Succession Planning has been enhanced to provide many additional benefits. These include:
- Develop Succession Plans for employees, jobcodes and positions
- Configurable X-Y grids
- Ability to identify, track, and manage employees in talent pools
- Hierarchical visualization of incumbents and successors
- Intuitive, graphical user interface with drag-and-drop capabilities
- Enhanced Integrations
- Ability to search internal and external candidate pools
Note: If your company is interested in scheduling a webinar or demonstration of the PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 Succession or Career Planning modules, please feel free to contact me directly or leave a message on this blog. We will definitely get back to you ASAP. I can be reached directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deliverables: Succession and Career Planning demonstration, Upgrade Fit/Gap Assessment Results-Draft #3